…and welcome to my website. My name is Tony Parr. I’m a professional, self-employed translator, editor and writer specialising in corporate communications. For further information, please click on one of the above tabs. Here’s what I do:
- Dutch-English and French-English translation (specialising in business-related material, i.e. finance, marketing, PR, tax and accountancy, as well as government, EU and development cooperation).
- Sworn, i.e. certified, Dutch-English and French-English translations of certificates, diplomas, letters, testimonials, contracts – anything, in fact.
Editing and writing
- Language editing: polishing up your English to eliminate any linguistic errors and Dutchisms.
- Editing for clarity: improving the readability of your English-language texts. This involves adjusting both form and content, for example by chopping and changing, and adding, omitting and moving text.
- Writing speeches, press releases, marketing brochures, staff magazines, etc.
- Adapting print and web materials you’ve written for a Dutch audience so that they can be read, understood and enjoyed by an English-speaking audience.
- Assessing the quality of translations, whether internally or externally produced. Are your translation service-providers delivering value for money?
- Voice-overs for films and video presentations.
Workshops and courses
- Conferences, courses and workshops and other professional development activities for translators (a Teamwork activity together with my business partner, Marcel Lemmens).
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you’re interested in any of these services. I look forward to hearing from you.